Sunshine Swags is an initiative of I Give A Buck Foundation of Australia Ltd (IGAB). IGAB (ABN: 47 137 073 404) is a fully endorsed Deductible Gift Recipient and all donations of $2 and over are tax deductible.
If you’d like to help you can:
- donate online below using PayPal or a credit card (for credit card payments, select the PayPal option and when you are taken to the PayPal page, select the option to pay with a debit or credit card. You don’t need a PayPal account.)
- make an EFT bank transfer or direct deposit to our bank account: Bendigo Bank, BSB: 633000 Account Number: 137521696 Account Name: I Give A Buck (please put Swags in the reference field)
- send a cheque, made out to I Give A Buck to 96 Ceylon Rd, Belli Park, QLD 4562 (simply write Swags on the back of the chq so that we know what it is for)
Online donations will receive an automatic receipt via email. For other donations, simply contact us by email or by phone on (07) 5442 7414 and we’ll send you a receipt.
Many children entering Domestic & Family Violence Refuges arrive with nothing more than the clothes they are wearing. The urgency of their situation has meant that all their possessions have been left behind. Everything they know and love. Everything that brings them comfort.
Each Sunshine Swag contains around 30 age-appropriate, gender-appropriate items that have been nominated by parents and refuge staff as being the most needed and most important. Items include:
- comfort items (a soft toy to cuddle and a night-light or torch)
- items to keep hands busy (craft kits, stress balls, Lego kits etc.)
- items to keep brains busy (puzzles, puzzle books, lots of reading books, travel games, card games, activity packs, colouring-in books, blank journals and writing pads, pens, pencils, crayons, erasers, rulers, pencil sharpeners, USB drives etc.)
- items to keep bodies active (hand-balls, skipping ropes, sports equipment etc.)
- items designed to allow quality time with mum (board games, kids cookbooks, puzzle cards, playing cards, blowing bubble kits, bed-time story books)
- toiletry items (towels, hair combs, hair brushes, hair accessories, soaps, skincare items etc.)
- other items as requested by the individual refuges or donated by sponsors (pillow slips, children’s mugs etc.)